Our school runs an aftercare on our premises. Our aftercare is an extension of the home and offers a safe, happy and enjoyable environment.
The aftercare programme is managed by Shante and her capable team:
- The Little Flipper class is supervised by their own teachers and assistants for the afternoon in their own area.
- Patience and Susan will look after the Turtle children until 3pm and then they move to the Rainbow class who are looked after with the Rainbow children by Rudo and Merle.
- Rudo looks after the Rainbow children for the afternoon with help from Patience and Susan who assists until 3pm, and Merle.
- Shante, and Andre look after the Penguin, Starfish and Shark classes with Lorraine, and Monica in assistance until 3pm. (The Penguin, Shark and Starfish classes are separated for sleep/rest time and story time and group together in the main/big garden from 2.30pm in the afternoon.)
Stay and Play is available on a monthly (permanent) or casual basis. Monthly fees for 2022 is:
Full Day: R1250,
Half Day R625
Casual fees are R45 per day (until 14h30) and R60 per day until 18h00.
Holiday Care: R60 per day (Until 14h30) and R100 per day until 18h00.
From 07h00 until school begins officially at 08h00 and thereafter from 12h30 or 12.45 till 6pm daily.
Daily Aftercare Routine
12h15 to 1h00 : Lunch is supplied – a varied (seasonal) menu, made on the premises by our school chef, Shante.
A typical weekly menu during winter would be:
- Monday: Spaghetti
- Tuesday: Chicken nuggets, rice and veg
- Wednesday: Macaroni and cheese
- Thursday: Fish Fingers, mash and veg
- Friday: Hot dogs and curls
- 15h00: Tea time. This is usually a snack, juice and fruit. Water is available all afternoon for the children.
Holiday Stay and Play is also available from 07h00 to 18h00 except for a period during the December/January holidays when we close.
Casual users of stay and play pay the prescribed holiday rate (R60 till 14h30 or R100 full day). Holiday care is included for those paying monthly fees.
TERMS AND HOLIDAYS FOR 2022
Term 1- 19thJan until- 25 March
Term 2 – 05th April – 24th June
Term 3 – 19th July – 30th September
Term 4 –11 October – 7th December
Holiday care runs during the holidays and up until 15th Dec.